1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Controlled assessment task bank

Discussion in 'English' started by chasingharrywinston, Mar 11, 2010.

1. Hi,
    Does anyone know when AQA are releasing their controlled assessment task banks? The website says April but no indication of when? We are starting GCSE early with Y9 and it is going to cause me big problems in terms of SOW if I don't know the tasks until end of April/May.

2. Hmmm...we have been given a photocopied booklet by our HOKS4 and told to prepare for 3b - creative writing - according to the tasks in this booklet. Looking at a film review and a 'rant'/commentary piece for a newspaper. We are also starting with year 9, after Easter.
    Our HOD pointed out though that this document had 'sample' written all over it and, backed up by what you say, I am worried that we will start to prepare and assess those two tasks and then be told - no, they were just samples...
    Anyone got definitive answer?

3. EmmaBB

EmmaBB New commenter

Focussing on S&L with Year 9 at the moment. Although don't like the new '5 Bands' for marking with no band per grade, all smacks of changing the goal posts when they like to me. :-s

4. diamond_raindrops

diamond_raindrops New commenter

5. diamond_raindrops

diamond_raindrops New commenter

6. xg!

xg! New commenter

The official test banks have been published online for 2011/2012, are the specimens the same? I don't have acces to them.

7. <font size="2">The controlled assessment tasks for 2011/2012 have been published. I was sent a copy via email so I assume they are online too.</font>

8. EmmaBB

EmmaBB New commenter

I've tried looking on e-Aqa but can't find them anywhere. Anyone figured it out yet? It's like getting access to the MI5 files...

9. y9840125

y9840125 Occasional commenter

I am moving back to England in July and don't have access to e-aqa.
    If anyone could possibly email me the tasks I would really appreciate it. I want to get a heads up.
    fodpadova@yahoo.co.uk

10. EmmaBB

EmmaBB New commenter

I have them in pdf format if anyone wants them (I know I'll regret this...)

zoebrunning@gmail.com

11. Please will you send me a copy Emma? I am at a new school and AQA have not yet sent my e-AQA log in. We are doing the first CA next week (3b) and I desperately need to give my team the tasks. Also, do you know if we have to download our own official note/prep sheets for the students or should we have been sent them by AQA?
    Thank you so much in advance - I hope you haven't been totally inundated! Let me know if there is any way I can return the favour...
    kaw1995@hotmail.co.uk

12. regentsreject

regentsreject Occasional commenter

13. Good Afternoon,
    I am currently trying to introduce some intervention with the year 10s in my school and do not have a copy of the task bank, I was wondering if you could forward me a copy I would greatly appreciate it, thanks
    Faye

14. I rang AQA the other day and they said that the sample controlled assessments on their website were not the same as the live ones that are on Eaqa, I asked if they could email me them and they said that I can to get the secure password from my exam's officer to get the live assessments. I am finding it a little confusing as it does not seem clear from their website that these are different. So I guess a word of caution - make sure that you have the right ones, I have yet to get the password to download them.

15. GloriaSunshine

GloriaSunshine New commenter

You need to get a login from your exams officer, then go on e-aqa for current Controlled Assessment tasks. It can be sorted out very quickly.

16. GloriaSunshine

GloriaSunshine New commenter

Leadlearner, it does say they are specimen tasks. You shouldn't have to wait long for a password.

17. e-aqa has 2012 CA bank and the new 2013 ones too so u can start prep for sept early as u like

our dept like the new ones - just as good as the 2012 lot we thought

they came out in april as they now will every april and the sample ones were just samples - can't actually be used as most of them are quite different