1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

controlled assessment-child study

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by joyoga, Jun 18, 2010.

1. We have just completed the Year 10 Child Study 15 hours controlled in school + 6 hours working with a child .WJEC GCSE. How are other schools coping? We have 2 groups, very mixed ability A* to G. It has been a nightmare to keep track of absence , additional time allowance and poor organisation. Despite starting in January students neede to be continually reminded to visit their child before coming to a timed session. I am aware other schools are not playing by the rules, I don't want to disadvantage our students. Stretching able students is much more difficult working within the time constraints. Suggestions please before I rewrite the guide for next year!

2. We have just completed the Year 10 Child Study 15 hours controlled in school + 6 hours working with a child .WJEC GCSE. How are other schools coping? We have 2 groups, very mixed ability A* to G. It has been a nightmare to keep track of absence , additional time allowance and poor organisation. Despite starting in January students neede to be continually reminded to visit their child before coming to a timed session. I am aware other schools are not playing by the rules, I don't want to disadvantage our students. Stretching able students is much more difficult working within the time constraints. Suggestions please before I rewrite the guide for next year!

3. Hello and welcome to the forums.
    You may not get much response in this forum but there are over 100 others to choose from. Simply click on one from the list on the left side.
    If you get stuck, I can help you or visit our help pages by clicking "Help" at the bottom of any page.
    Best wishes