1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Contracts

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by Beckstar9978, Feb 23, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Beckstar9978

Beckstar9978 New commenter

Please help. How can I get copies of my previous fixed term contracts? I have been in touch with capita and had no response. Will my school have copies and can I request my own copies?

2. Skeoch

Skeoch Lead commenter

Why not phone your previous school's HR people? They may retain copies or may have a data destruction policy - they will be able to tell you.

JohnJCazorla and Beckstar9978 like this.
  3. Piranha

Piranha Star commenter

Of course you can request them - you are entitled to ask for just about anything. I can't say if the school still has them - I suppose they should keep a record of when people work there in case a reference request is made, but that might not mean keeping the contracts. But there is nothing we can tell you that the schools can't. So take @Skeoch's advice above.

4. thejudgesscoresarein

thejudgesscoresarein Occasional commenter

The HR department of the respective schools should have a record of employee contracts even if the employee has left, they should be archived.

5. Piranha

Piranha Star commenter

I did a quick search, and found the suggestion that employment contracts etc should be kept for between three and six years. I don't think there is a law about it.

Have you asked, @Beckstar9978? If so, how did it go?

6. Sundaytrekker

Sundaytrekker Star commenter

We had the policy of keeping employment records for six years then destroying them. Otherwise you are keeping personal information that you are no longer entitled to. I’m not sure if this was an LA recommendation or data legislation.

7. Beckstar9978

Beckstar9978 New commenter

Thank you everyone. Finally got sorted thanks to your advice

8. Skeoch

Skeoch Lead commenter