1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Contracts with the Ministry of Education Dubai

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by cams96, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Sburress

Sburress New commenter

MissAmjed likes this.
  2. marko_135

marko_135 New commenter

Like some others here I'm waiting for a final contract with MOE to come through. Signed the initial contract back in November and was told to expect a January start date. It's driving me absolutely insane as I'm not currently working here in Ireland.

Feel like the recruitment agency is just stringing me along. They can't tell me anything other than just to 'hang on in there'. Really wish I knew this was likely to be the case at the beginning of the application process. Frustrating as hell!

3. EasleyVG

EasleyVG New commenter

Hang in there Marko. I received my offer in November too and my agency has gracefully given me updates every two weeks. Just last week half of the candidates received official contracts and more are being issued next week. This is just the nature of the job. Once we get there it will be worth it!!!

4. EasleyVG

EasleyVG New commenter

Can you substitute teach? Ive been doing that to keep me busy.

5. T0nyGT

T0nyGT Lead commenter

Did any of you read the post by Sburress above? It seems there are no contracts

6. EasleyVG

EasleyVG New commenter

No true...if you open the article it is from June 12, 2016

7. T0nyGT

T0nyGT Lead commenter

So they have turned from scam to legit in 8 months?

8. helenmtucker

helenmtucker New commenter

Does anyone know someone who has received their final contract and left to start work in the UAE? I'm in same position it's frustrating however have worked in the UAE and know it can test your patience but once there the people and lifestyle is great!

9. marko_135

marko_135 New commenter

Finally...at long last got my contract this week so yes they are legit. I'm hoping you're right and it will all be worth it. Would have planned it out better if I'd known it would take so long but anyway. Just have to get my visa now and I'll be ready to go. I hope you get sorted too.

10. Powergnome3

Powergnome3 Occasional commenter

A request... for all the people above who are (hopefully?) going over to the UAE for Ministry school roles... Could you post on here to let us know how it goes? Over the past few years a number of posters have been in the same position, and have then 'disappeared' into the ether of a ministry school - it would be brilliant to have first hand experience so that next year, when the inevitable happens and more teachers are drawn into the idea (and salary!) of doing it, they will have first hand experience to draw on. I for one always try to steer people away from ministry schools, and to only apply for private ones, even if the pay is lower - but this is really on hearsay rather than first hand experience - would be good to have the ramblings of people who have lived through it!!!

rosiecg likes this.
  11. EasleyVG

EasleyVG New commenter

Marko!!! So so happy for you. :)

Im still having to hang in there. The good news is that my recruiter just told me everything has been approved but Im still waiting on my contract. :/

12. marko_135

marko_135 New commenter

No worries I'll make sure to post back up here once I'm over there.

Great. I'm sure you'll have it soon since you received your offer in November.

13. EasleyVG

EasleyVG New commenter

Marko, where was your interview venue in November?

14. marko_135

marko_135 New commenter

King's Cross, London. The Manchester interviews were a week later.

15. Goconnor21

Goconnor21 New commenter

Hey lads new to this tread. I was in the same boat got the job November from an interview in Dubai. Signed my contract in January and been sitting tight since lucky I have a job already. So today my agency received my visa and said MOE are looking at booking flights for me Saturday which is all good. I'm seeing alot of negativity about these schools though, what do yee think of that? I have two friends who work with the MOE although in kindergarten and she loves it. Also I don't like the fact you don't get placed until you get there. Any comments are insights are more then welcome seeing as I'm supposed to move this coming week.

16. marko_135

marko_135 New commenter

I can only go on what I've heard but personally I know people over there who love it. On message boards like this it seems to be a lot more negative. Schools aren't very well managed and discipline could be an issue. Apparently there are some half decent schools and some hellholes too. It's the luck of the draw which one you get. Wish I knew the location before going over too but it's still only a small country. Where are you hoping to get?

17. Goconnor21

Goconnor21 New commenter

The people you know do they work for the ministry? The way I see it is you don't get offered that money for an easy teaching job. No matter where you are there is going to issues I think. The amount of negativity on this forum is somewhat shocking though. I'm hoping to get either Dubai or Sharjah seeing as I have a lot of friends over there already. Did you get you visa email yet? Where are you wanting to go to?

18. rubydell_lowe

rubydell_lowe New commenter

I'm glad I'm not the only one in the same boat. I was told that I passed my background check about 2 weeks ago. And that they are just waiting to do my Visa work and send me my flight information. No word on how long that takes. I finally asked my recruiter what seems to be the hold up with process and if it was normally a 6 month process. He informed me that the MOE is a government contract and government contracts. With background checks and visa etc. Typically take 6 months or longet. Sheesh. It would have been great to know that ahead of time. But I feel like the 2015,16,17 class of teachers are the test/trial and Era kids. Lol. I'm flexible. Staying positive and hopeful.

19. Goconnor21

Goconnor21 New commenter

Yeah it seems to be a long drawn out process. If you want to private message me and add me on Facebook and I can chat to you then. I also got added to a group called MOE candidates 2017 so I can add you to that too mate!

20. rubydell_lowe

rubydell_lowe New commenter

Hey that would be awesome. The name above is the best way to add me.