1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

contract

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by thelaughingdonkey, Nov 7, 2017.

1. TrueFaith

TrueFaith New commenter

Not so, unless your resignation dates differ from the norm, you cannot leave until Easter now.

Lara mfl 05 and grumpydogwoman like this.
  2. 8sycamore

8sycamore New commenter

I would like to add that I think, when offering jobs, schools should be ready to provide a written contract and a list of expectations re out of hours work BEFORE expecting someone to agree. I think it is wrong to expect an answer on the day. Doesn't happen in other jobs and everyone manages to recruit. They should also be clear about salary and there should be room for consideration and negotiation.

3. FrankWolley

FrankWolley Star commenter

Unless, of course, your HT agrees. Which they might do to save money, to avoid having a disgruntled employee etc.

Lara mfl 05 and BelleDuJour like this.
  4. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

I intend resigning this academic year. If possible before Easter. I hope HT will be reasonable. I'll come in for my 6th form and GCSE classes, but not the rest if i need to go before Easter. I can see no reason for HT to hold onto someonewho doesn't want to be there.

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  5. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Lead commenter Forum guide

In the longer run I expect that's true. But for this year if there are timetabled classes that you are timetabled to be standing in front of the HT will presumably will want you there however much you don't want to be. Someone needs to be there teaching the class, so if not you, who?

wanet and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  6. BelleDuJour

Someone who actually WANTS to be there?

7. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Lead commenter Forum guide

And the headteacher has that person on staff now waiting to take over your timetabled classes?

8. BelleDuJour

I wish!
    And that is indicative of the state of education...........so many shortages of teachers.
    I remember when you could get a couple of hundred applicants per job. Now you are lucky to get one.............it's a lottery win if you get 2.