1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice

Contract Question- not sure what this means? Please help :-)

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by Meira, Aug 27, 2011.

  1. I know I should of made sure I understood all the terms before I signed last year but does anyone have any idea what this means?
    In addition the Teacher will be paid a Gratuity of 12.5% (of which 3% is deducted for the ********) is paid, subject to satisfactory performance of duties, at the end of each complete School Year.
    Does this mean that I will get 12.5%- with 3% taken away from it so really 9.5% or that I will get 12.5% - 3% of the total leaving me with 97%?
    Thank you,
    Meira
     
  2. becktonboy

    becktonboy New commenter

    Did your contract really contain this rather incoherent stuff?
    I can only assume this is an independent school, consult them or a lawyer?
     
  3. Crowbob

    Crowbob Established commenter

    I assumed this was for an overseas position.
     
  4.  
  5. jubilee

    jubilee Star commenter

    You'll have to do the maths when you get the bonus, working out if you get 9.5% of your salary or 97% of 12.5% of your salary.
     

Share This Page