1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Contract for next year not renewed..feel depressed

Discussion in 'NQTs and new teachers' started by ams00, Mar 15, 2020.

1. ams00

ams00 New commenter

I was informed two weeks ago that my 1 year contract is not going to be renewed for next year. I have a really difficult year 10 group and had a bad observation with them. I try my best with them and I have asked for support with this group but the school did not really do anything to help. They said my contract is not being renewed as I did not have a good enough relationship with this group.

I feel so upset, I don't even feel like continuing this year... :(

2. the hippo

the hippo Lead commenter Community helper

I was very sorry to read about the unfair way that you have been treated, ams00, but maybe this could be a blessing in disguise. You should make the move into teaching in international schools as soon as possible. Having taught in different countries around the world for nearly twenty years, I would say that teaching in an international school is nearly always much better and more fun than teaching in the UK. If you are fed up with rude and badly-behaved students in the UK, then you will just love teaching polite and hard-working Chinese students.

You can send me one of those TES Conversation things, if you would like my advice and guidance about how to get a job overseas. You might also find it helpful to read my blog bulgariawithnoodles.blogspot.com

3. Abitofeverything

Abitofeverything Occasional commenter

I do sympathise. Put your energies into finding a more supportive school! Good luck.

4. ruivascoma

ruivascoma New commenter

Hi hippo, I'm interested in doing freelance teaching to Chinese students. Any advice?
    I'm actively searching for Chinese students, but it is hard to find them. Do you know any website or marketplace?