1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Contract End Date and Pay

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by jbdevon, Aug 24, 2011.

1. jbdevon

jbdevon New commenter

Hi,

This sounds like a silly question to ask, I know, but I need to ask it!

I am due to start a new post in September, as deputy head. My old school contract ends on the 31st, however my pay date is the 25th of the month. Do I get paid for those 6 days? If so when will I get paid for them?

Many thanks, in advance for your answers.

John

2. aw27

aw27 New commenter

Hi, you are paid a full months money regardless of the date you actually RECEIVE the money on, so whether you are paid on the 20th, 25th or 29th you are actually being paid from the first of the month to the 31st, yourejust getting some of it a few days early. When you swap from one job to another you will simply be paid on the date your present authority pays you but your wage is calculated up to the 31st if that's when your contract ends. The new authority start counting ftom the first, paying you a full months money on the date of their choice or the same date if you have stayed in the same authority. I don't know if I've explained that very well but in short no you won't lose money. Watch out tho if you are changing authorities and the pay dates are different - I once went from 25th to 20th - cue mad panic to try and change all the direct debits in time!!!