1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

continuous provision plans year 1

Discussion in 'Primary' started by comenius, Jul 23, 2011.

1. comenius

comenius New commenter

Hello!
    With inspection looming next term I have been asked to look at CP in year 1 and how it is planned. At the moment I list the enhancements in each area of learning in a box at the side of my weekly plan and that is it. However for inspection my Head would like more detail planning for these areas, to show why there is a need for CP.
    I have looked at some EYFS planning but that seems too detailed?! I was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to share how they plan CP in year 1 or year 2?
    Thanks

2. I don't.

3. Hi comenius I don't have any examples of plans but you may find this project in Lancs worth looking at as a starting point. Also the EYFS Forum had lots of discussion on moving on to Y1 and making it more like EYFS so you may find some useful info here http://eyfs.info/
    Good luck you will enjoy it I am sure!

4. comenius

comenius New commenter

Thanks for your replies!
    I'm a member of the eyfs forum and had a look on there, but couldn't find what I was after!

5. FenellaF

FenellaF New commenter

Just out of curiosity, do many Y1 teachers have a full time TA to help cover continuous provision? Thanks

6. comenius

comenius New commenter

I have a full time TA plus another TA who works every morning and 3 afternoons. This is so we can offer outdoor provision and to help with transition for the first half term.

7. We work alone with some TA provision for targetted groups.

8. char2505

char2505 New commenter

Going a bit off topic, but just to say I followed your link to eyfs website last night, sandyjohn and stumbled upon link to another website
    http://www.playbasedlearning.com.au/

Gave me loads of ideas for continuous provision especially all of the art links -spent my sat night being very sad engrossed in the ideas!