1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

CONTINUOUS PROVISION IN RECEPTION AAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGH

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by Msz, Jan 20, 2009.

1. Msz

Msz Established commenter

At the last count we had 21 areas indoors ...

2. louiseelsiet

louiseelsiet New commenter

Cath, can I be cheeky and ask for a copy of your continuous provision planning pack please? I could do with all the help that I can get!

louiseelsiet@aol.com

3. I know this is annoying but could I have a copy of it also, or could you post it on the resources?! kookachoo2@aol.com

4. sorry if you got a few gobbledegook messages!!! It wouldn't let me convert word versions but should be ok now. I can't really put it on resources as I brought it online. not sure if its allowed?

5. Hi cath1980,

Would it be possible to have a copy of the continuous provision planning too. Many thanks

dhawksl1@aol.com

6. Miss Piggywig

Miss Piggywig New commenter

Could I have a copy of the continue provision pack as well.
    misspiggywig@yahoo.co.uk
    Thanks

7. Last year I went ahead with the HT's constant demands for the children to have lots of free play,a class of only 10 YR's but 6 with SEN including a visually impaired child with behavioural problems and on my own every morning, TA in the afternoon 4 days a week. It was a nightmare, but I thought I had my reward this year, when we only had 6 new children. I now get 7 Y1 children in my class every morning because they failed to reach a satisfactory level last year - which I suspect might have happened whatever I did. So now I have a TA in the morning and 6 lovely children to myself in the afternoons, only 1 of whom has problems, mostly just immaturity.

I am still struggling to cope with continuous provision for YR alongside trying to get these Y1's 'up to scratch' and now face an EY Audit because of last year's results. I am losing all confidence in my own judgement, and at the age of 57 am feeling anxious and uptight whenever the HT is around, especially as she only seems to appear when we are sitting on the carpet, or working in small groups.

I really would be grateful to have a look at your plans, and see whether I can use them in my setting.

My e-mail address is: mary.ross@ntlworld.com

8. laffal0t

laffal0t New commenter

I'm finding this difficult too!

I would love to have a look at your pack too if you didn't mind...

laffal0t@msn.com

Thanks!

9. Cath Any chance of getting the plans. We have to have continuous provision for our Year 1s.

Thanks

lizzi50@homail.co.uk

Eal2

10. Cath

I am in a new FS job - any chance I could have a look at your pack?

Thanks so much

clarecr@btinternet.com

11. cinderella1

cinderella1 New commenter

maybe look at your time table, if you look at the primary strategy and print of the reception bits then this will clarify what and how many times you shoud be doing guided reading, writing etc... then you could have a meeting with the other teacher and plan your timetable of adult led activities???? Good luck

12. I am a nursery teacher in a mainstream school sharing the outside environment with 2 Reception classes, I would love to have a look at our continuous provision planning pack
    Please email to katrien.snyman@btinternet.com

13. Please could I also have a copy of the continuous provision planning pack?

ellieblacksell@hotmail.co.uk

14. Continuous provision should be linked to your cohort and change each year according to assessment and needs so a continuous provion planning pack will only give you an idea of what to do. Not all early years settings need a maths area, we dont have one because maths is embedded in all areas of provision. your continuous provision should also be differentiated e.g. in construction area you might have stickle bricks for those with very poor motor skills, duplo for the mids, mobilo for the uppers and a big plastic mechano type for challenge.

The provision must reflect YOUR children's needs! there is no one-fits-all.

Also children should not be expected to access all areas of prvision over the week, some children may be investigating a construction idea or role-play and will need to revisit it frequently in order to consolidate and extend skills and achievement - if they are forced to access all areas this may not happen or will happen at a very slow pace - we are supposed to take the teaching to the children in their chosen area of provision - i agree that for certain things you just need to get them to stop and carry out a task but at the end of the day it is possible to have lots of child initiated play and high quality learning taking place.

if you have children who constantly choose role-play and mark making and have, e.g. poor mathematical skills then you can set things up to entice them into other areas of provision e.g. put a bunny in the block play with a note saying ;please help me. i need a house with 4 walls and a roof, made from round shapes, etc.

Our progress and attainment is good and we have a very holistic way of working, our school is in an area of high deprivation and children enter working well below that expected for their age however they leave in line with expectations so we are obviously doing something right.

15. Miss.hendo

Miss.hendo New commenter

I would love to sea a copy of the pack if that's ok? Email is miss.hendo@gmail.com

Thank you x