1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Continuing Professional Development for Drama Teachers/ Educators

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by Samam11, Apr 12, 2012.

1. When would you most likely attend a CPD session:
    Daytime?
    Evenings (6-9pm)?
    Saturday Morning (10am-1pm)?
    Saturday Afternoons (2-5pm)?
    School Holidays?
    I'm trying to do some research on teachers availablitly as we run inexpensive CPD workshops specifically for Drama Teacher/Educators but our timing always seems to be wrong! Please Help!

2. I'd prefer to attend during the day but because of issues with cover etc, I tend to go for free or cheap courses that are outside the school day - any time - so that I don't have the hassle of sorting it out with school.

3. Thanks for getting back to me. Yes ours are £27 a workshop or 3 for £75 etc. and they do tend to be in the evening 6-9pm but wondering if thats too late.

4. I would definitely pay those rates but yes location can be a problem. I could only travel a limited distance from my home in Hull.

5. DaisysLot

DaisysLot Senior commenter

I wouldn't attend a work related course outside of my working hours.

6. japonica892

japonica892 New commenter

I would attend out of hours for those prices but I am in the Midlands so not willing to pay travel costs to London!

7. Where are you based and what are the courses on? I don't mind the travel (within reason) as long as the content is relevant to my educational needs.