1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Continual Professional Development

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by Purepoise, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Purepoise

Purepoise New commenter

Hi All,

CPD is obviously something that most schools adopt in one form or another.

This thread is basically about seeing what models are currently being used/developed and sharing best practice as a whole school.

CPD is something that is being put on by schools in after school sessions/twilight sessions/INSET days, but how do we ensure that everyone is making the most of the time given/set aside for this and how can we ensure that everyone would find it beneficial.

One of the issues that my school seems to be having at the moment is a lot of disagreement about the relevance and also the accessibility to the range of activities. I don't know if this is because they have been teaching for goodness knows how long and are hesitant to change or if they genuinely feel that they can't access it, but either way, they aren't willing to do anything about it which has led me to ask the masses.

Have you experience reluctance to take part? How did you overcome this?
    I understand that have to have a universal and consistent model throughout the school but how do you ensure that the session put on cater to the needs of everyone?

Going forward, I was also wondering if anyone had any successful models of CPD to share. Even if it was a brief list of the areas covered and a few activities or outline of how your sessions would run would be extremely helpful.

Many thanks,
    Cherri