1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Content has been rejected by our automatic spam filter

Discussion in 'Tes Authors' Group' started by MonsterWrite, Sep 6, 2019.

1. MonsterWrite

MonsterWrite New commenter

Attempted to add a resource. After navigating the three or four pages of adding details and then waiting (and waiting) for the option to publish the resource to eventually load I clicked it to receive the message:

There are problems with this resource
    Content has been rejected by our automatic spam filter. Please contact support.

Not a process I'd like to go through if I'm to upload 200 or so resources!

2. tesAuthorTeam

tesAuthorTeam Administrator Staff Member TES Authors' forum host

Our spam filters are designed to check for undesirable content but in doing this occasionally blocks legitimate content. If you feel this is the case please get in touch with authors@tes.com so that we can establish what the issue might be.

Our uploader process is designed to ensure that appropriate details are supplied when uploading resources. The majority of these details are designed to ensure that your resources can be found on our on-site search and on other search engines such as Google. Without these processes the search functions would not be able to turn up appropriate results. We also enable authors to protect their resource with appropriate licences so that your resources cannot be used in ways you do not permit. We also ensure that all users are aware of their legal responsibility in only uploading resource content they have permission to share.

While it may seem like a lot of steps it is essential that authors make these same considerations for every resource individually.

[Richard]

3. MonsterWrite

MonsterWrite New commenter

So rather than taking a look into it for me (not hard - I only have two resource sup at the mo!) you decide instead to educate me on how effectively your system weeds out undesirable content.

I'm pleased to note that if my resources manage to pass the spam/undesirability test they can be found by people using the on-site search. Hopefully that will get me above the (almost) 10 views a month I've enjoyed so far.

Thank you for making me aware of my legal responsibilities and I promise to give them my careful consideration each time I upload a resource (after all it appears I'll have plenty of time to contemplate such things).

And most of all thank you for taking the time to pass on the difficulty I've had to your relevant colleagues... oh wait, you didn't.

vcurrie19 likes this.