1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

contacting the NUT

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by jimny33, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Heya

I've an event in school where I feel that I need to contact my union, the NUT.

I have emailed the secretary for my town from their website but not got a reply. I've never had to deal with something like this before and I am not sure what to do or where to contact or how to contact the NUT. Odd really lol

Please help!

Thanks

2. Heya

I've an event in school where I feel that I need to contact my union, the NUT.

I have emailed the secretary for my town from their website but not got a reply. I've never had to deal with something like this before and I am not sure what to do or where to contact or how to contact the NUT. Odd really lol

Please help!

Thanks

3. frustum

frustum Lead commenter

4. IMHO that level of service is typical of the NUT and probably all teaching unions.
    That is why I advise people who want prompt legal advice for an employment issue to use the free telephone legal advice service that comes with thier household insurance (if their ticked legal protection)..
    Contact regional and then national HQ.

5. It took about a week for my union rep, also NUT to reply to my email.
    I hope they reply soon to help put your mind at rest.
    Good luck.