1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

contact while off sick?

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by vikingmaid, Jul 5, 2011.

1. Having not taken time off when advised by GP before push for exams, I went back an saw him and agreed to take time. having got 70 kids through A levels I have come to a stop! He signed me off to start with for a week. However, reports were due today and I haven't done them all, probably only half due to being on strike and P/T, I just haven't had time to finish them .
    Anyway a member of SMT phoned to ask if I had done them to which I said nearly (!) felt I couldn't say otherwise! I said I would email in but is this a reasonable request?
    These are UCAS so not due to go until September, as I'm sole in charge of dept, with 70 kids there is no one else. What do you advise?

2. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

It's perfectly 'reasonable' to ask if you've done them - but if you are too ill to finish them, you should say so.
    As others have indicated, however, some colleagues are too ill to teach, but can manage a bit of paperwork. This may - or may not - be you.