1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Contact Time

Discussion in 'Senior Leadership Team' started by baldybazza, Oct 3, 2015.

1. baldybazza

baldybazza New commenter

Morning all

can any body who is either an Assistant Headteacher or Assistant Vice Principal just let me know their contact time
    Either number of lessons or percentages will do.

Many thanks.

2. PRUman

PRUman New commenter

Hi
    I'm an Assistant Principal in a primary with around 550 children. I teach every morning (children come in at 8.45 and lunch is at 12.30) and I have every afternoon out of class. My main responsibilities are overall responsibility for 2 year groups (6 classes), behaviour lead and NQT mentor.

3. kimothy39

kimothy39 New commenter

I'm starting a job as an assistant head in April and I've been told my teaching commitment is 2.5 days a week. I'm told this is generous.

4. strawbs

strawbs Established commenter

at my secondary it varies, but average is around 4-8 teaching periods per week out of 30.

5. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

Assistant Head in Primary, I teach 4 days, have 2 hours "PPA" and one morning management time.

6. dookiedaveuk

dookiedaveuk New commenter

Anywhere from 30-60% would be usual, with the 'norm' being around 50% I would guess

This is at Secondary