1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

conspiracy of some final year teaching jobs interviews

Discussion in 'NQTs and new teachers' started by Alnaghid, Jun 30, 2015.

1. aThey are just to fill a gap for free.

2. welshwizard

welshwizard Established commenter Forum guide

No they are to appoint teachers paid a salary for a professional job!

3. Skeoch

Skeoch Star commenter

No school wastes time and money with interviews just for the sake of it. Everyone has better things to do. As WW says, the interviews are to try and hire competent staff to do a professional job.

Reading between the lines here, OP has not succeeded in getting a job. This will be because the schools found what they believed to be a better candidate.

4. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

So, let me see if I understand what you're suggesting: schools are advertising jobs (cost at least £1000 a time) to get someone to come in and teach a lesson - ONE lesson - and are pretending also to interview them?

Yeah, that's believable...

5. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

Oh, good. I quite fancy next Wednesday off. Now all I have to do is advertise a non existant post, pay for the advert, sort out an interview schedule, arrange for some governors to come in for the day, sort out the school council, persuade the rest of the school staff to go along with the deception and I MIGHT get some half decent NQT to come along and teach a lesson which bears no relationship to the rest of the week's learning.

Well worth the effort, don't you think!!

6. rachelpaula008

rachelpaula008 Star commenter

I agree with the above replies.

Why would a school (or schools) 'conspire' to waste a candidate's day? If you're unsuccessful it's tough but you have to move on. I'm speaking through experience here : (

If the OP is looking for a teaching post try not to take it so personally and good luck in your search.

7. Skeoch

Skeoch Star commenter

Intereting that the OP hasn't replied in this thread - or the similar one that OP also started....

8. John_in_Luton

John_in_Luton Occasional commenter

Yes, I was thinking that, too. Is someone sitting under a bridge listening to us all going 'trip trap' and having a giggle?

9. CWadd

CWadd Star commenter

Oh, for crying out loud.

Yeah, I REALLY sit at home in the evening, sending emails to the HoF and HT and DHT to arrange to get four candidates in, make them teach lessons for free, interview them, then send them packing and tell them over the phone "sorry, you were not suitable."

If this is a troll - do it with more style. This particular whinge has been said about 50,000 times from various people. Its not new.