1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Considering Looking Overseas

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by MrSandman, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Hello. Can anyone help me?
    I am struggling to get any permenant positions (in fact I have not had one since gaining my QTS - thats 3 years now!). My longest job was for 1 year so at least I got my NQT out of the way!
    Anyway since there seems to be no jobs in the UK for someone like me I was wondering if anyone knew of any good agencies that deal with overseas appointments? I trained in mainstream secondary but then jumped straight into working with Special Needs. If that doesn't show adaptability I don't know what does!

I hope someone has some ideas because I am getting sick of supply and it seems the longer I do supply the less chance I have of ever getting a full time position.

All help greatly received.

2. Hello. Can anyone help me?
    I am struggling to get any permenant positions (in fact I have not had one since gaining my QTS - thats 3 years now!). My longest job was for 1 year so at least I got my NQT out of the way!
    Anyway since there seems to be no jobs in the UK for someone like me I was wondering if anyone knew of any good agencies that deal with overseas appointments? I trained in mainstream secondary but then jumped straight into working with Special Needs. If that doesn't show adaptability I don't know what does!

I hope someone has some ideas because I am getting sick of supply and it seems the longer I do supply the less chance I have of ever getting a full time position.

All help greatly received.

3. the hippo

the hippo Lead commenter Community helper

I have sent you a PM.