1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the new look TES Community!

Don't forget to look at the how to guide in the welcome lounge and help forum.

Connectives game for introducing logical connectives

Discussion in 'Primary' started by blackpurse, Jan 3, 2011.

1. I want to introduce my year 6 class to a range of logical connectives as part of persuasive writing topic. I am looking for a creative way to introduce them so they can identify them whilst reading and use them in their own writing. I was thinking of introducing them and asking the children to include them in sentences. Sounds dull, doesn't it!

2. Not sure if my suggestion will be any good as I'm only a trainee teacher but how about having a bright jazzy bag with connectives in them. Go round the classroom and ask a child to picks one out and form a sentence with it. Have a coutdown on the IWB to see how many they can do in 1 minute or 5 minutes.

3. Two fantastic ideas. I'll use them both. Thank you[​IMG]

4. I have revised connectives by reading a story and then the kids sitting in groups retelling the story but by picking up a different connective card which are placed downwards on the table, means they have to think about how to best use that connective but still make the next part in the story make sense. Can easily be differentiated too plus it's all S&L so good skills and no marking ;)