1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Connectives and conjunctions - 2 quick questions.

Discussion in 'Primary' started by becktonboy, Apr 22, 2008.

1. Hi, I know this was posted 2 years ago, but it has just helped me enormously- thank you. Any chance I could have a copy of the resource reffered to in your message? Many thanks, Jo
    littlegreenfingers@live.co.uk

2. Hi, I would really appreciate a copy of the resources mentioned as I have been given targets to achieve with year six children and they are quite specific. Is there any chance they are still available? If so, please can you send me a copy? Sincere thanks, Sue

s.jolly@murraysrd.sch.im

3. An excellent explanation.
    nathanclark86@hotmail.com

4. languageisheartosay

languageisheartosay Occasional commenter

I'm fascinated that so many replies suggest there is a difference! Working with the younger children, I just found that what I have always called conjunctions now seemed to be known as connectives wherever I went. I have a couple of resources on TES you may like:https://www.tes.co.uk/article.aspx?storycode=6050258 and another which features because/although.

5. Hello
    Thank you for submitting definitions etc about connectives and conjunctions
    I am busy making my own w/s for Yr6 - but would love to check with yours if you still have it - you told one reader you'd be happy to email it - could you email it to me so I don't stuff up before I start
    claire.wildingyoung@gmail.com
    Thanks again

6. If you still have this resource I would love a copy if you don't mind sharing.

Thanks

squaine1@yahoo.co.uk

7. Would really like a copy too.
    paulgreenwood59 "at" btinternet.com

8. Hi there I know this is a very old message, but I am in need of help and this is fantastic! PLEASE could you send me the children's resources? It seems everyone is asking you too! SORRY!
    Thanks Anne
    my email is ayounger123@gmail.com

9. The best explanation I have read on a tricky grammar question. Is it possible to send me that cherished resource- you should probably write a book! Sorry and thanks...
    clarky_38@hotmail.com

10. Hi there!

I'm knew to teaching English and your comment really helped me get my head around the difference. I was wondering if I could also have a copy of your resource?

Best wishes

11. In rponse to a previous message that said conjunctions are connectives: yes, but, there are connectives that are not conjunctions - this is where the complication starts. Next is a connective but most definitely not a conjunction! All conjunctions are connectives but not all connectives are conjunctions!

12. Hilarious - I rarely come on here anymore but just did to find a resource and found loads of messages and a lot of appreciation. I'm thinking that this is somehow a result of the new SPAG test!
    I will try to add the other resources mentioned. However, they are very simple and not worth all of the fuss!

13. I am going to be teaching this to my year 6s. Is there any chance I could have a copy of the activities you mentioned please?

Many thanks

Salleree

14. Hi

Please could you send me the file you mention. This is a minefield.

Thank you...
    pottingshedgene@gmail.com

15. Hello, would I please be able to have a copy of this too? Many thanks

16. Sorry to be a nuisance but may I have a copy of your guide.
    Thanks in anticipation,
    Best wishes

17. Hi, loved the sound of your poster - would like a copy if you have it.
    head@ponsbourne.herts.sch.uk
    Tracy