1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

connecting a magic eye to skyHD box

Discussion in 'Personal' started by CarrieV, Feb 13, 2012.

1. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

Whilst tryong to be helpful, my son has disconnected the cables from my sky HD box and now I can't get them all back!
    So far I've connected the twin cable from the dish to the HD box and the HDMI cable from the box to the TV so downstairs is working fine! But I have a MAgic Eye link tothe TV in my bedroom and that won't connect properly. The instructions I've found simply say connect the cable from the link to the RF2 output but it doesn't fit. The connector is an aerial type ( it fits into the aerial input) but not to the RF2utput. I also seem to have a spare cable, which does fit into the RF2 output but not to an aerial input! I have a very hazy picture upstairs but nothing else/

Any ideas?

2. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

Whilst tryong to be helpful, my son has disconnected the cables from my sky HD box and now I can't get them all back!
    So far I've connected the twin cable from the dish to the HD box and the HDMI cable from the box to the TV so downstairs is working fine! But I have a MAgic Eye link tothe TV in my bedroom and that won't connect properly. The instructions I've found simply say connect the cable from the link to the RF2 output but it doesn't fit. The connector is an aerial type ( it fits into the aerial input) but not to the RF2utput. I also seem to have a spare cable, which does fit into the RF2 output but not to an aerial input! I have a very hazy picture upstairs but nothing else/

Any ideas?