1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Congratulations to all teachers and students - a fantastic return ...

Discussion in 'Education news' started by adultsocialcare, Jun 1, 2020.

1. adultsocialcare

adultsocialcare Occasional commenter

Wow!!!

Better than I expected at between 40 and 70% year 1 and 6 students return. Despite the best efforts from some quarters to ensure children stay away from schools, this was a brilliant start.

Congratulations! The only way is up.

2. NQT88

NQT88 New commenter

We had 17%...

strawbs and hhhh like this.
  3. Marisha

Marisha Occasional commenter

Between 40 and 70%? Not much of a variation there...

BetterNow, Pomza, rmr09 and 1 other person like this.
  4. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

I thought it was that between 40% and 70% of children were in schools?
    So children of key workers, Reception and Years 1 and 6.

Can't speak for other schools, but in ours half the children in school were in the key worker class.

Happyregardless likes this.
  5. hhhh

hhhh Lead commenter

If, as with France, there are 70 cases linked to reopening of schools, it's not brilliant that any were back. I hope nobody dies as a result of this. I hope that it's all over, and that all the medics who are warning us that easing lockdown is dangerous are wrong.

Marisha likes this.
  6. phlogiston

phlogiston Star commenter

Have you returned to work?
    If not, your praise is more than somewhat hollow.

Ivanhoe, Happyregardless and Marisha like this.
  7. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

@Luvsskiing @adultsocialcare never replies to any question but I suspect I know the answer from his previous posts. He is no longer a teacher and doesn't live in the UK. So I doubt he has returned to work. Of course if he'd like to engage with his own thread and tell us otherwise we'd all be delighted to hear from him, I'm sure.

Ivanhoe, letap, pipryan and 5 others like this.
  8. adultsocialcare

Fantastic news on the telly tonight - teachers reporting even more returning today, up 10% from yesterday. Brilliant. Well done, everyone.

I don't reply to any posters who come out with puerile statements of 'fact'; 'you're not a teacher', 'you're not British', 'you're not living in England', 'you're not qualified', 'you didn't vote Labour', 'you're posting as jonty as well', 'you clearly aren't six feet tall', 'you're certainly a vegetarian', blah blah blah, all without the slightest bit of any proof, and the only purpose of which is to throw off track a perfectly valid discussion thread, the forum purpose.

Now should these rather teenagery type of posters decide to change from their minor bullying behaviour ways and discuss threads instead of posters, then I'm happy to respond, as always. Until then, I'll only engage with fellow mature posters, and leave the children to play amongst themselves.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
  9. ridleyrumpus

ridleyrumpus Star commenter

You are Jonty and I claim my £5

Marisha and Idiomas11 like this.
  10. phlogiston

phlogiston Star commenter

What annoys some of us is that you don't seem to reply to any point that diverges from your own POV, no matter how politely expressed.
    I really don't care whether you had bacon for breakfast or not.
    You're the shouty one.

Not much of a discussion when you won't even say "yes but..."
    Risk looks different where I live.

Ivanhoe likes this.
  11. Rott Weiler

Those are true facts though, aren't they? And it is relevant to your posts when you criticise other teachers for not going back to school when you yourself don't have to face the risks. You only appear to attack those who ask you questions as a smokescreen to avoid giving any answers and an unconvincing justification of why you always refuse to engage in debate.

Perhaps you'd like to engage with this question then. Are you aware of this part of the TES T&C?

Forum members should only use one username on the forums. ... Members who are found to be using more than one account will face sanctions.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
    Marisha, Ivanhoe and strawbs like this.
  12. slugtrial

slugtrial New commenter

Ok. But you need to alter your writing style more. Even the thread title could have been written by posters who ‘aren’t’ you.

Marisha and Ivanhoe like this.
  13. adultsocialcare

"Those are true facts though, aren't they"

Yaaaawwwwwnnnnnnnnnn.

14. Rott Weiler

Is that a yes or a no?

Or another example of you refusing to engage in debate?

Ivanhoe likes this.
  15. adultsocialcare

Up another 5% today. Brilliant.

16. letap

letap Occasional commenter

Of which you are one - are you one those weird types that gets off from admonishing themselves?

Ivanhoe likes this.