1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Congratulations, John Leslie

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Vince_Ulam, Jun 22, 2018.

1. Vince_Ulam

Vince_Ulam Star commenter

Congratulations, Mr. Leslie, for having your name cleared after what must have been a very stressful 12 months.

John Leslie cleared of sexual assault in Edinburgh nightclub

[​IMG]

'Former television presenter John Leslie has been cleared of sexually assaulting a woman who was celebrating her hen night in Edinburgh.

Mr Leslie had been accused of putting his hand down the back of the woman's trousers while the pair were dancing in the Attik nightclub last June.

The 53-year-old denied the allegation and after a two-day trial a sheriff found the case against him not proven.

[...]

The witness insisted he had a good view of the dancefloor from his elevated DJ booth and said that when the song ended, Mr Leslie kissed the woman on the cheek and walked off.

He added: "I wasn't 100% on them, but I would have noticed if there was some problem or if I needed to call a door steward over, which I never saw at all."

The court also heard from the bride-to-be's friend, who said that the way that Mr Leslie was touching her friend was "inappropriate" and that she had looked "scared"

[...]

She said: "They were dancing and I could see he had his hand on her lower back, which I felt was inappropriate.

"I would have felt uncomfortable if it was me.

"The next time I looked up, I couldn't see his hand any more. I could only see the top of his wrist. It was at the top of her tutu.

"At this point she looked scared."

The woman said she cut in between the pair and danced with her friend, who initially said that she was fine, but then started crying and later reported the incident to police.'
    BBC.co.uk, 22nd June 2018.

Hen nights: steer clear, lads, and keep those hands by your sides at all times. Remember, Footloose was only a film.

lexus300, woollani and artboyusa like this.
  2. FrankWolley

FrankWolley Star commenter

I notice it was a 'not proven' verdict. Wonder what would have happened in an English court where only 'guilty' or 'not guilty' is available...

3. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

An unwanted hand down the pants is sexual assault? ... I was sexually assaulted in a Coventry nightclub in 1997!

Not trying to belittle anything... a woman stuck her hand down my jeans and squeezed my bum.

lrw22 likes this.
  4. blazer

blazer Star commenter

He has got previous!

lexus300 likes this.
  5. Caoimhseach

Caoimhseach Lead commenter

allegations.

6. Vince_Ulam

Allegations only.

lexus300 and woollani like this.
  7. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

Did you smile?

8. Scintillant

Scintillant Star commenter

Hats off to Mr Leslie for defeating allegations of sexual assault

For the fourth time.

Billie73 and blazer like this.
  9. Vince_Ulam

10. Scintillant

Yes, your honour.

An outlier. Not an outright liar.

And I did him a disservice. It's at least six times and involves multiple women over a 20 year period. An unlucky guy.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
  11. Vince_Ulam

12. Scintillant

13. Vince_Ulam