1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Confused!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Miss behavin!, Jun 9, 2011.

1. Hello!
    In my application for a TLR post I have to include a vision statement and an action plan. I thought these were both these were written together - with the vision embedded within the action plan until someone said I need to write a separate page for the vision. What's the difference?! The deadline is tomorrow and now I'm panic,ing. The post is within the school I'm already at.
    Thanks.

2. I have basically added a what the school is all about - its ethos (looked at some other examples).....I have however not added a full page for it....just two bullet points.

3. I wouldnt expect it to be a page necessarily what youve done sounds fine. Your vision statement sets out your stall so to speak says where you see the aspect your discussing eg a subject a school whatever going and maybe why. The action plan is in essence how you plan to get there

4. As the above poster said - Vision is where you want to be and what you want to achieve in the future, and the Action plan is a series of steps (your actions) that you will do to make this happen.
    For example:
    Vision - The school will be successful in this subject by doing x, being x and providing x wonderful experiences etc. This wouldnt really need to be more than a large paragraph.
    Action plan - In order to achieve this I will 1) buy x things 2) train x people 3) raise profile by x events - This would work best as a list of bullet points, possibly with a provisional timescale eg 'I expect it to take a year to raise staff confidence in this subject.'
    I would avoid 'waffling' as the more concise, the easier it will be to get across and for you to remember at interview.
    Good luck! x

5. Oh ok. My vision statement is wrong then - I've kind of written a few lines about how i would describe the school now - and because it was so last minute I'm wondering why I did that - silly of me but it's done now. I was so organised and up to date with it bit can only hope for the best. Will keep this advice on board the future though - it makes things much clearer - thanks!

6. I'm sure it'll be fine. Let us know how you get on [​IMG]