1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

confused!!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by morrish4, Mar 6, 2011.

1. Just applying for a teaching post and the school has asked for a letter of application (yep that's fine)and a statement of educational philosophy.........what is this?!?! Anyone had to write one of these before?
    M

2. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

What do you think education should be. Practical, hands on, traditional, separate subjects, cross curricula, etc.

Also how you see a school's ethos. Things like whether you think pastoral care is important, nurture, role of mentors, etc.

Generally if you were to set up and run a school from scratch what would it be like there.

3. clear_air

clear_air New commenter

Make it part of your letter of application. The TDA website has a good example of a plan; write yours, and then get a friendly headteacher-type to look through it with you. Try to keep it on one page, but if you can't, don't stress over it. On app form, when it gets to personal statements etc, refer to covering letter. Hope that helps.
    I believe that education is (generally about the whole child, good place to start)...
    I believe the teacher is...
    I believe the role of the school in the community...
    That sort of thing.

4. Thanks guys :)