1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Confused over contract-HELP!

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by tafkam, Jan 27, 2012.

1. tafkam

tafkam Occasional commenter

Depends on the reason for the contract.

2. I would love to know the answer to this. I'm just starting a maternity cover role. If she states to come back on the last week of term, do I not get paid for August???

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Probably not, Honeycrumb.
    Sorry!
    The school cannot afford to pay you both over the summer, so if she chooses to get the summer pay, you don't.
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    I shall be doing the Win That Teaching Job seminar on Saturday February 25th
    www.tesweekendworkshop87.eventbrite.com

4. Thanks TheoGriff,
    thats a bit of a shame. I'm not scheduled to start until after Feb half term...... could I back out of the contract now?

5. Bad luck, they have screwed you. Is it maternity cover. Not a leg to stand on. Bustards.

6. It might affect how much extra work I put in to the school, which would be a shame. But I thought all of these things were meant to be in partnership with the school. Would I be better to insist to be paid on supply teacher daily rate do you think?

7. You'd have to work it out, probably would be better.