1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Confused as where to get help/advice from?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by naomi58, Mar 5, 2012.

1. naomi58

naomi58 New commenter

If the hospital need you to go in everyday, couldn't they sign you off? X

2. I think that if you get signed off, might it automatically trigger the start of maternity leave now?
    The school has to let you have the time off quite rightly, but I suppose it is annoying for those around you. Not saying they are justified in how they're treating you. My department were lovely most of the time, but I remember having 2 antenatal sessions and glucose test in 2 weeks and they got a bit touchy about how much time I was having off. I wirte it all down and kept it for reference in case it carried on and I wanted to do something about it. So you could do that?
    I didn't do anything in the end, it didn't seem to matter once I was on maternity leave and DD arrived. But it made me feel better at the time.

3. you might want to get signed off. they legally cannot start your maternity leave until 36 weeks if you are signed off so you'd have another 3 weeks on full pay.
    the other option is to email everyone along the lines of
    "dear all, as you know I am 33 weeks pregnant and most excited about becoming a mother. unfortunately the consultant is now concerned about my baby's growth and development and has asked me to go into hospital for daily scans. as i'm sure you can imagine, i am extremely distressed by this development and terrified that something might happen to my baby. it is very rare for a consultant to want to see someone on a daily basis which indicates the severity of the situation.
    despite how anxious i am feeling, i remain commited to the school and my pupils. i am attempting to organise the daily appointments so as to cause minimum disruption to the school, but as the situation could change upon any review, they only allow me to book appointments 24 hours in advance. i apologise for any inconvenience this causes the school and can only thank you all for your support in what is already a pretty traumatic time for me. "
    that way, anyone complaining will feel insensitive....

4. Thank you for your responses :)
    I am going to ask hospital if they can sign me off for rest of week as work keep asking which lessons need covering at the end of the previous day and I just do not know the answer.
    Hopefully getting some answers today as getting a scan organised but still need to be monitored until consultant meeting on thursday morning.
    Thanks again!