1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

confused about what my salary will be in sept 2011/12

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by glmay, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Hi,

I know we have a pay freeze for the next two years but I am unsure whether my pay will increase due to increment or not. I keep hearing conflicting advice.

I am currently M5 so will be M6 next year. What will my pay actually be?????

Thank you in advance.

glmay

2. Hi,

I know we have a pay freeze for the next two years but I am unsure whether my pay will increase due to increment or not. I keep hearing conflicting advice.

I am currently M5 so will be M6 next year. What will my pay actually be?????

Thank you in advance.

glmay

3. It will be at the current M6 level.

4. So 31,240 then?

Sorry if I seem a bit dim, been one of those days!

Thank you

5. jubilee

jubilee Lead commenter

Pay progression on the M scale or UPS one carry on but the amounts paid for each level remain static. An NQT in Sept 2011 will be paid the same amount as an NQT on M1 in Sept 2010. The 2010 NQT will move to M2 though in Set 2011 if they worked in at least 26 weeks on M1 in this school year, whether or not they have completed Induction.

6. Now I'm confused. I am currently on M4 and was told I would be on M5 in September but be paid M4 salary??

7. jubilee

jubilee Lead commenter

You will be on M5 in September 2011 and the annual sum for M5 will be the same as it is for someone getting M5 in this school year.
    Py Progression carries on for individual teachers who are not at the top of the scale but the pay freeze keeps the amounts paid for each point on the scale at the same level in 2011 (and 2012) as they were in 2010.
    You will get your pay progression increase but the individual pay points won't be increased for 'cost of living' as they usually were every September.