1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

confused about notice at easter

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by Nette1, Feb 21, 2016.

1. Nette1

Nette1 New commenter

Can I still hand my notice in although the holiday has finished? Do I just have to make sure it is by the 28th? I am desperate to leave regardless of not having a job to go to. Thank you

2. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

Which holiday has finished - half-term? Resignation date, assuming you are working in an LA school or an academy that is following the same resignation dates as LAs, is 29th February. Half term holiday dates are irrelevant to when you have to resign.

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

4. Piranha

Piranha Star commenter

Yes, so there is no pressure to give your notice in by the end of half term if you want to leave on 30 April (not Easter, BTW). Your school may be prepared to let you go at the end of the Easter holiday, but they don't gave to. All assuming Burgundy Book terms, of course.

5. Nette1

Nette1 New commenter

I thought it was that. My department seemed to think it had to be before half term holiday. A job I had been offered in private sector fell through but handing my notice in regardless.

Thanks.

6. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

Many, many teachers do not know the most basic aspects of their T & C of service.