1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Confused about job advert

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by 2BigMacs, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Hi,

Ihave seen a position advertised as full time but in brackets it says (1.0 FTE) and also next to the salary PSP?

Is this full time or not?

Thank you

2. CWadd

CWadd Star commenter

Yes. 1.0 or Full Time Equivalent. Although that means you might be working longer days on some than others, as long as you fulfill the quota of hours.

PSP - Professional Standards Payment. Its the equivalent to threshold in schools. (I believe).

I believe this is used in Sixth Form/FE colleges. Is that what the advert is for?

3. Thanks for the reply, yes it is 6th form.

Apologies for being thick but does the 1.0 mean this is a part time position then? There are a lot of adverts stating part time for this post and I am confused as to why the number is there. Other roles advertised say full time but no number.

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

1.0 is full time - a whole job. 0.5 is part-time, 50% of a job. That's often how the p-t is displayed.

Best wishes

Meet Theo on line on the TES JobSeekers Forum, where she answers jobseeking and careers queries regularly each week.