1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Confused about geography units next term

Discussion in 'Primary' started by uppereastside, Dec 22, 2010.

1. uppereastside

uppereastside New commenter

Hi I am meant to be teaching A village in India unit 10 and Connecting ourselves to the world unit 18 next term. I have looked at this on QCA website and from what I can gather unit 18 is more of a continuous unit that can be taught through the village in India unit? (rather than separately). Anyone who's done this am I doing it right?! (Rather than teaching them as 2 separate topics). Thanks x

2. I would say it is completely up to you how you teach Geography to your class. The QCA units are for guidance only. They aren't the bee all and end all and you can do whatever you want so long as you cover the NC.
    If you are set on using the QCA units, then see how you can fit unit 18 into unit 10. There maybe somethings that you can't fit in as easily, so that may need to be separate.
    JSY x