1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Conflict in Macbeth and Literary Heritage Poetry

Discussion in 'English' started by sweetie1, Apr 7, 2011.

1. sweetie1

sweetie1 New commenter

Hello all. We're tackling this question for our controlled assessment. If anyone out there has done this, would they mind sharing the poems they used please. I think end of term tiredness has hit my frazzled brain - I can't seem to get beyond Charge of the Light Brigade! My group are mainly C grade students with a handful of B graders. Any ideas would be most welcome!

2. We're doing the exact same question for CA4 :)
    The poems we are doing are: Dulce et Decorum est, The Soldier and Drummer Hodge.
    The scenes we have looked at in detail are: Act 1 Scene 7, Act 5 Scene 7 and Act 5 Scene 8.
    Hope this helps :)

3. sweetie1

sweetie1 New commenter

Thanks for this. Our our KS4 leader says that we have to teach 15 poems but students only have to write about 3 or 4. Is this correct? Could anyone who has taught this part of the new spec clarify please?

4. gruoch

gruoch Occasional commenter

It rather depends on the poetry chosen. 1 very long pome such as The Ancient Mariner is OK, but generally what your HoD says is correct.
    Regents?

5. sweetie1

sweetie1 New commenter

Thanks gruoch. I've read the spec and that confirms our take on this. We've chosen a few war based poems such as Charge of the Light Brigade and Dulce and I'm currently trying to come up with some more. The list of potentials is steadily growing!
    Regents, if you're not doing what we should all be doing and having a holiday (!), I'd be really grateful for your confirmation on this. I'm sure the new spec will pan out, but at the moment, the lack of continuity with what schools are doing is a bit worrying!