1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Confessions

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Over_the_hill, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Over_the_hill

Over_the_hill Star commenter

Do you have anything you want to secretly confess? I do. I will start (please don’t judge).

1. I’m actually quite relieved that eldest has gone back to Uni. I will miss them and will enjoy speaking to them regularly and I do love them very much etc but seriously..... I find the mess and stress and being woken up at all hours really hard.

2. I have decided I really don’t like one of my colleagues.

3. I have a secret ‘thing’ for a Northern accent. When our caretaker says ‘we are open seven WHILE six’ it makes me go a bit funny inside.

Love, OTH x

monicabilongame, caress, dzil and 3 others like this.
  2. Dunteachin

Dunteachin Star commenter

I'm Northern, and don't say 'seven WHILE six'. What does that mean?o_O

Secretly confess? On here? With a worldwide audience?
    Let me think about that...:eek:

3. Jude Fawley

Jude Fawley Star commenter

I'm poverty-stricken but because I have class and style people think I'm posh.

4. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

I did eat all the pies.

5. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Is there enough time?

And posts have a word limit. Speaker's Corner might be the spot for you.

6. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

I have a little bit of a crush on Boris Johnson..................Don't. Say. ANYTHING! :confused::confused::confused:

7. WB

WB Occasional commenter

I'm a much better teacher when there's a TA in room.

8. WB

WB Occasional commenter

I fancy Terssa May.

9. primarycat

primarycat Star commenter

I'm quite worried now about some of the people on here.

10. vannie

vannie Star commenter

I've just been a little bit sick in my mouth.:eek:

11. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

To the person who says "I'd confess but then I'd have to kill you" in the time it takes for me to type this, I confess I'm harshly judging you for being so basic.
    Apart from that I'm an open book...

Laphroig likes this.
  12. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

I used to actively dislike a number of the kids I used to teach. I was concerned this might show so I made efforts not to let it show, the result was that sometimes those kids thought I liked them and would hang around at the end of lesson which left me a bit conflicted.

When I was young like most, I yearned to be cool but of course wasn't. The older I got as a teacher, the more kids would describe me as cool when it had become something that I no longer cared about or strived for. It just puzzled me a bit.

Oh, and I never was a boxer, it was a rumour that went round the school and persisted for years but stood me in good stead.

13. Orkrider2

Orkrider2 Star commenter

Not so much of a confession but I’ve noticed recently that my mum keeps buying clothes in the wrong size, that just happen to be my size, and giving them to me. And she knows I like a certain brand of trainer and just happened to accidentally order 2 pairs so gave one to me. I thought she was getting daft in her old age but it recently occurred to me that with the divorce and everything she’s worried that I don’t have enough money, and knows I’d never take money from her, so keeps ‘accidentally’ buying things that she then just has to give to me. Not ashamed to say I cried for a full half hour when I realised because I’m so damn lucky to have them as parents.

14. primarycat

I thought that Velma from Scooby Doo was a boy in a kilt until I was in my late 20s.

15. hhhh

hhhh Lead commenter

16. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

I confess this is my favourite name for a copper.
    upload_2019-9-16_21-18-14.jpeg

17. Doitforfree

Doitforfree Star commenter

I'm still laughing ages after I read this. In fact I keep rereading it and laughing some more.

sabrinakat and primarycat like this.
  18. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Star commenter

I couldn't.
    I'm speechless.

19. Jesmond12

Jesmond12 Star commenter

My home was once raided by the drugs squad. Luckily a case of mistaken identity.

20. primarycat

Mine was cordoned off by the police once.

smoothnewt and Jesmond12 like this.