1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Confessions 2016

Discussion in 'Primary' started by whitestag, Feb 9, 2016.

1. BW_2012

BW_2012 New commenter

How do I feel about those who rush through "meetings" without consultation; then pick up the pieces weeks later because they've failed to listen (presumably whilst imagining pencils)? I feel they might as well have written a dictat in an e-mail.

How do I feel about those who complain about too-long e-mails? (i) you should try working with lawyers; (ii) you should try working with e-mails outside the constraints of some book you read; (iii) [most common] you are clearly insufficiently literate to read them fast - removing key points. Why *are* you in leadership?

2. BW_2012

BW_2012 New commenter

Simple: a generation (or more) of teachers who've grown up incapable of understanding what the vicar is talking about. Solution: more vicars!!!

3. BW_2012

BW_2012 New commenter

Well, thank God (quite literally) that someone dares challenge your leadership!

dljames2013 likes this.
  4. BW_2012

BW_2012 New commenter

• I still chuckle to myself as the very SLT member who queries the "differentiation" and excessive "teacher-talk" of NQTs and other staff blithely delivers a full 30 minute assembly to a hall of over 1200 pupils... Roll on (i) the diffentiated assembly (by capacity for comprehension rather than age); (ii) the assembly where teacher talk is limited to 10% of the assembly.

bizent and Cassius82 like this.
  5. BW_2012

BW_2012 New commenter

P.S. Alternatively:

6. Cassius82

Cassius82 New commenter

I regularly fantasise about either winning or inheriting enough ££ so that I can quit teaching. The constant round of marking, marking scrutinies, observations and evidence providing have combined to make me a mix of agitated and apathetic outside the classroom. I feel like I've been bored into submission.

As a male I very often cringe at how sheep like some of the boys can be (especially in Y8). One stupid catchphrase seen on TV or YouTube gets repeated ad nauseum. I'm far far less tolerant of these kinds of students, and regularly make a point of having them booted out via our disciplinary system.

I get annoyed that students that have minimal English skills spend time in the class with the others, It's not fair on either party.

7. ssaleh21

ssaleh21 New commenter

Im paying my 18year old sister to mark my students deep marking. Its ridiculous to mark 3 assessments per half term, for each class. Plus they expect all my books to be marked thoroughly every week. Apparently they are giving me support, so i have to show them a set of books each week.

bizent likes this.
  8. SUPER.SUPPLY

SUPER.SUPPLY Occasional commenter

This thread is highly amusing!! keep it going.

TEA2111 likes this.
  9. SUPER.SUPPLY

SUPER.SUPPLY Occasional commenter

AWW, back to primary, the best thing about working with KS 1 is doing one almighty trumpet and the children wondering who on earth smells so bad!!!!!!

10. lardylegs

lardylegs Occasional commenter

'there own work'. Really?

11. jomaimai

jomaimai Established commenter

My class is always the last to arrive at assemblies.

bizent likes this.
  12. rosievoice

rosievoice Star commenter

In order to stay awake during the head's protracted, boring and sometimes nasty staff meetings, l would make very detailed minutes. Amazingly, they never matched the official versions which were produced.

bizent likes this.
  13. Milgod

Milgod Established commenter

Quite a few already mentioned would apply to me -

-
    It's all ages. The children in my class constantly find the following hilarious -

- Saying '21'
    - My name is Jeff
    - What are those?!

I suppose I should stop saying them so often.

NatalieSmith242, bizent and ssaleh21 like this.
  14. Milgod

Mine are always the first. Register done as quickly as possible and then march them down. That way I get a few minutes of just sitting in silence. Don't have to do a thing.

dnm, bizent, teacup71 and 1 other person like this.
  15. Milgod

Sometimes (yeah, let's stick with sometimes) I don't teach much French.

or RE

or PSHE

TEA2111, bizent and zanybutton like this.
  16. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

Mine find this hilarious as well...not a clue why.

bizent likes this.
  17. ssaleh21

ssaleh21 New commenter

Don't forget "why you lying" and all pop songs, including Justin Bieber. Doesn't help I work at an all girls school.

bizent likes this.
  18. mantilla

mantilla New commenter

I could probably think of loads of these, but off the top of my head:
    • I have yet to master the loopy handwriting which is now in vogue. I often add in the entry strokes after finishing the letters.
    • I have all the stuff you are looking for from the stationery cupboard stashed away in my room somewhere. I take what would be my share and stash it early in the year so that you don't use it all up.
    • I only teach the children songs I like in my singing assemblies.

19. bizent

bizent Star commenter

Hope this isn't just for primary teachers

When our newest 15 year old assistant head teacher leads briefing I find myself reliving the moment I won my first major as a junior tennis player.

When I listen to people banging on about mindfulness I find myself imagining how much money I would have had if I'd kept playing and hadn't discovered booze and fags.

I can't stand some of the kids I teach and I am so glad I am not a primary school teacher because I could not stand the thought of spending all day everyday with said kids. (in 15 years there hasn't been many I hasten to add!)

Most of the kids I teach I find hilarious and the more vile and disgusting they are amuses me even more,

I love it when they fart and that look of worry crosses their face when they think they may have pushed too hard.

20. rosievoice

rosievoice Star commenter

Do you mean they worry that they have pushed too hard against the conventions of polite behaviour, or that their gaseous expulsions have been too enthusiastic and might have led to, er, unfortunate consequences? :oops: