1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Conferences

Discussion in 'Career clinic' started by EconomicsTeacherinChina, Aug 22, 2019.

1. EconomicsTeacherinChina

EconomicsTeacherinChina New commenter

Good day,

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong section, but it seemed the best place to post.

Currently I work for the International Curriculum Centre of a prestigious public high school in China (A Level, IBDP and AP centre) and give teacher training workshops in for both local and international teachers. Actually, this is now the part of my role I enjoy most and would like to get the opportunity to present at conferences in the UK.

I am not so much interested in this as a paid sideline, but because I think I have some genuine insight to offer, having been a Head of Department for some time at the interface of Chinese and International education.

Could anyone provide any advice for how I might start out, and get the attention of conference organisers in the UK?

2. phlogiston

phlogiston Star commenter

I would be inclined to google UK education conferences, then send my CV to the organisers in the hope of mutual benefit.