1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Conditional formatting

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by star9, Jan 20, 2016.

1. star9

star9 New commenter

Is it possible to change the bars in a bar chart to the same colours as the conditionally formatted table that it is linked to?

2. colwynexile

colwynexile Occasional commenter

You can alter the bars manually for individual data series, I don't think you can change it to reflect the cell conditional format colour unless someone knows a neat VBA trick.

3. star9

star9 New commenter

Thanks. That's what I thought, but I hoped that there was some way of doing it.

4. JaquesJaquesLiverot

JaquesJaquesLiverot Established commenter

To see if VBA can change the colour, you could try changing the colour while recording a macro and see what the code says.

5. star9

star9 New commenter

Ah, now you are talking about things beyond my understanding.

6. colwynexile

colwynexile Occasional commenter

This would tell you how to change colour, but you'd then have to start off by getting VBA to look at the cell content, pick out cell fill element and use this as the colour to fill the bar of the series you are looking at. Of course, this is all academic if you only have 1 data series, as they will all change to 1 colour

7. stdavsurfer

stdavsurfer New commenter