1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Computing Pupil Learning Profiles

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by AlexanderSellers, Mar 22, 2017.

1. AlexanderSellers

AlexanderSellers New commenter

Hello all,

I'm the HLTA and Computing Coordinator in an Infant and Nursery School and I am currently writing a Computing Curriculum/Scheme of work for my setting. I was wondering if anyone had, or knew the location of, any 'Pupil Profiles' for children in the EYFS. Those children that are emerging, expected and exceeding in the area of computing. Any information would be really helpful.

Thank you!

Alex

2. grumbleweed

grumbleweed Lead commenter

Hi there. Your best bet would be to speak to your nursery and reception staff who will be familiar with the EYFS. If you're not yourself, have a Look at the Understanding the World: technology section of the EYFS, and particularly the Early Learning Goal as this is the statutory part. Note this is not just about computing but technology in its brides sense.
    Also be aware that the emerging expect ing exceeding judgement only applies to the statutory assessment at the end of reception ie the EYFSP and is assessed against the ELG.