1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Computer Science Research Study

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by theroomfamily, Oct 17, 2018.

1. theroomfamily

theroomfamily New commenter

Hi All, I am a 3rd Year BSc Computer Science student planning to study for a PGCE next year.
    I am currently undertaking a research study into the lack of females in the IT industry and whether an education web app can help encourage students to take GCSE Computer Science.
    I am looking for secondary teachers of Years 7 and 8 that would be willing for their students to use the web app.
    The app will take around 20 minutes in total and all data collected is anonymous and will only record gender and user rating responses.
    Could anyone willing to help please get in touch or if you know a better way to approach a large number of schools it would be most appreciated!
    Many thanks in advance.
    Rebecca

2. tjra

tjra Occasional commenter

If you join the Facebook group "ICT & Computing Teachers" you're likely to get more responses. There aren't many posters who check here regularly and a few of them don't even teach now!

3. theroomfamily

theroomfamily New commenter

Thank you for this suggestion, that's great!

4. tisamazumdar1728

tisamazumdar1728 New commenter

In my opinion, you can make a page of it like Facebook or Instagram as these are socially active too much. Through that people can connect with you through it. And it's really a better platform to gain information and to get the information about anything at anytime. it's become the digital world without internet nothing can do easily. And If You are facing problem regarding Router, they can take help from Router Support, I also get the best help from here.

5. Skeoch

Skeoch Lead commenter

That is the best quality nonsense I've seen for some time!