1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Computer Programming Best Practice

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by bezuidATyahooDOTcom, Nov 16, 2011.

1. <font size="2">I am a teacher in Computer Programming from South Africa. I would like to share best practice ideas with people teaching Programming from around the world. In South Africa there are only 50 college (each with multiple campuses) but not all of them teach Programming. We teach at school level and our students could qualify to go to tertiary institutions (Universities or universities of technology). </font>
    Marius

2. barneystinson

barneystinson New commenter

This is spam right?

3. No, I am realy struggeling to find someone that also teach programming. Our school sector uses Java, while the college sector uses Visual Basic. I got my B.Sc degree in 1993 with Computer Science and Applied Maths, programming mostly in a Unix enviroment. After University I went into teaching Science and Maths. In 2007 the College sector introduced programming and I was asked to teach it. 3 College in my province offer Programming. My issue is with the teaching aspect in terms of lesson plans and presenting some concepts to pre-matric students.

My ultimate question is where I can find appropriate learning aids that is both age and content relevent. I think that our country is not there yet when it comes to supporting our teachers, especially in the relative small college sector.