1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Computer help?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Phoenixchild, Jul 23, 2011.

1. Phoenixchild

Phoenixchild Occasional commenter

My monitor has a habit of setting the screen off centre which I have figured out how to put right.
    It also, on occasion, adjusts the colour/screen resolution. This hurts my eyes and, as I suffer from migraines, is not a pleasant experience.
    I haven't had the foresight to make a note of the correct settings and so am reduced to messing about with settings. It doesn't work, my eyes can't adjust and I end up with a splitting headache.
    I've tried google but don't understand what I'm even looking at.
    Basically, is there anyone out there that can tell me how to put this right please?xx
    [​IMG]

2. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

Does it have an 'autocorrect' option that would do it in one click?
    Usually they go through that themselves when you switch on, don't they?

3. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

Have you done a right click on the desktop (background) to see what graphics properties you can fiddle with>?

4. Phoenixchild

I'll have a look now, though I'm not sure what I'm looking at or for. Thank you.xx

5. Phoenixchild

Nope I haven't a clue, thanks for trying though.xx

6. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

It will be in display properties somewhere, but varies according to make.
    Or you could try updating your display driver - My computer, right click, properties, hardware, device manager, then find display and get it to find drivers online.
    In the meantime, do you have an auto setting on the monitor itself? That might make it easier than resetting each time.

7. Phoenixchild

I am such a technophobe this is gobbledeegook to me I'm afraid. But thank you again.xx
    [​IMG]

8. Phoenixchild

Thank you!xx