1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Computer headphones for primary school

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by 2r2e, Apr 19, 2012.

1. 2r2e

2r2e New commenter

Anyone got suggestions for headphones that might last???? Around £10-£15 max. 1m cable, mic not necessary, built in volume control if poss.....
    Cheers.

2. 2r2e

2r2e New commenter

Anyone got suggestions for headphones that might last???? Around £10-£15 max. 1m cable, mic not necessary, built in volume control if poss.....
    Cheers.

3. DEmsley

DEmsley New commenter

In my experience headphones seldom last. Buy <&pound;1 sets from CPC.

4. tjra

tjra Occasional commenter

Hills Components have some great "indestructible" headsets that if you buy in bulk (30-50) you can get for about £2.50-£3.00 per unit.

I'd really recommend them. They don't have prices listed on the website; you need to contact them and negotiate a price yourself.

5. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Try eBay, Hong Kong suppliers - you can get headphones with mic for around £1.30 a set. I treat them as consumables. Kids will wreck your headphones however much or little you pay for them so why waste money?

6. djphillips1408

djphillips1408 New commenter

7. becktonboy

becktonboy New commenter

have said it often, my experience was much the same as other posters until I bought Coombers: 9 years later most of the original 30 are going strong, bought them at a special price for 40, haven't had to buy a single replacement.

8. 2r2e

2r2e New commenter

Thanks to everyone for the 'sound' advice (sorry, poor attempt at a pun I know.) Have always gone cheap and cheerful but fed up of replacing....

9. 2r2e

2r2e New commenter

LONG wait for the indestructable so gone with Coomber, &pound;11 each, hope we get 9 years out of them!