1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Computer assistance, please!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by grandelf, Apr 14, 2012.

1. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

do you have an Administrator account on it?

Restart your computer, first screen, hold down F8, a screen will pop up, select safe mode with the arrows and once that is done, you want to login as Administrator without a password and then hit ENTER. It will get into your computer in the safe mode and now you can go to the START menu and then to the CONTROL PANEL and go to user names and passwords and change your password

2. henriette

henriette New commenter

No, it only has 1 account on it: hers!

3. henriette

henriette New commenter

is Ophcrack any use?

4. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

Then she's the administrator?

5. catmother

catmother Star commenter

I'm trying to get my head around a teenager who would use her laptop so little that she would forget her password!

6. henriette

henriette New commenter

All sorted now - burnt a disc with Ophcrack and that did the trick.
    the laptop is set so that it doesn't need password when waking from hibernation, which is what she normally does. It did an automatic update, though, which forced a restart and asked for p/w and caused this problem!
    Her account is no longer the administrator nor is it p/w protected, but Admin is, and I have the magic disc to use if it happens again!