1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Comprehension workbook help

Discussion in 'Primary' started by jscarter, Jun 14, 2017.

1. jscarter

jscarter New commenter

Hi! I've been tasked into finding quality reading comprehension work books (going back to the old fashioned style comprehension style work) for each year group in a group of schools. I've ordered samples of schofield and simms but it has restrictions on photocopies and requires all children to have their own workbook in which they write, which could get quite pricey. I'm looking for something photocopiable if possible?

Thanks!

2. teacup71

teacup71 Occasional commenter

Reading Detectives from Keen Kite Publications. Do comprehensions for Y3 Y4 Y5 Y6. Matched to new style questions.

3. jscarter

jscarter New commenter

Thank you, yes I had a look at these but they were quite expensive if I remember rightly! I might request a sample x

4. Landofla

Landofla Established commenter

My absolute favs for teaching reading comp independence and finding answers in the text is the Folens series. No idea how the higher end measure up for SATs prep though as I used the lower end.

Looks like Collins now publishes the series. Here is the answer booklet to one of the lower end books. Here is a sneak peek at the content in book 3. Imo suitable to complete in a short guided reading session independently.

5. queenlit

queenlit New commenter

6. smurphy6

smurphy6 Senior commenter

I'm going to investigate the Collins. Thanks for the tip.