1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Comprehension questions to give to parent?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by pocoyo, Jan 18, 2012.

1. I have a very able reader in my Year One class. She is on Gold level and is managing it very well. I don't want to get into just upping her levels into Year 2 levels as I know that reading is not just being able to read the words but includes comprehension skills also.
    Her Mum is sending messages saying that she is finding it easy so I am thinking it might be a good idea to send her a sheet with some examples of questions that she could be asking her to extend her comprehension skills.
    Does anyone know of anywhere I could get some questions of this nature which would be appropriate for this level?

2. I have a very able reader in my Year One class. She is on Gold level and is managing it very well. I don't want to get into just upping her levels into Year 2 levels as I know that reading is not just being able to read the words but includes comprehension skills also.
    Her Mum is sending messages saying that she is finding it easy so I am thinking it might be a good idea to send her a sheet with some examples of questions that she could be asking her to extend her comprehension skills.
    Does anyone know of anywhere I could get some questions of this nature which would be appropriate for this level?

3. check out the lancashire grid for learning question keys - can be adapted to any book easily.