1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Completion of NQT year

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by happyjenny, Mar 15, 2011.

1. I'm putting my feelers out as i starting to become concerned about completing my NQT year. My first teaching experience in a 'proper' job was an interesting one where i lacked alot of support and was 'ran' into thje ground. However slowly i have built up confidence in teaching again through schools offering me regular supply at.
    I still need to do my third and final term, i left my school and went to another and even though it was only half a term, they signed me off. but unfortuantly because it was not a full term was not valid. Since then i have done plenty of short term supply but i was wondering how long i would have left to complete my induction.
    Last time i worked in full time employment rather than supply was up until May half term 2010.
    Many thans for anyone who can help (",)

2. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

16 months from your first day supply is the maximum supply you can do without passing. There is however no limit to complete your NQT x

3. welshwizard

welshwizard Established commenter Forum guide

You are in a situation which is becoming common. Once the supply limit( non induction teaching) of 16 months is reached then an LA can extend this for a further 12 months but you must apply in advance. Once the supply limit is reached it cannot be extended and the only teaching work you can do is a post that offers induction.