1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Completing Threshold before MPS6

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by chughes60, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Hi
    I am doing the performance management for an experienced teacher who is not on MPS6 but is in her seventh year of teaching (3/4 years in tertiary education as well as teaching as an unqualified teacher at a primary school, 1 year to do a primary GTP and 1 year as an NQT). She is now qualified and does a lot more for the school than her MPS3 suggests. I feel that she would be able to meet the standards to go onto UPS but don't know if she can include her tertiary experience as evidence or if she can apply before she is on MPS6.
    I would be grateful for advice.
    Thanks

2. tafkam

tafkam Occasional commenter

She cannot apply until she is on M6. That is one of the criteria for progression. However, if her performance is excellent then it would be possible for her to move to a higher point on the mainscale with the agreement of your Head/Governors.

3. Thanks for that. Do you have any suggestions as to how she could approach that, would it be worth showing how she meets all the threshold requirements?