1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Completing NQT on supply

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by pob1888, Apr 23, 2012.

1. pob1888

pob1888 New commenter

Has anyone done this? I graduated in July 2011 and completed the first 1/3rd of my NQT in a long term placement, how long do I have to complete my NQT does anyone know? I have now started another long term supply role and I am hoping to complete the 2nd term of my NQT in a different LA.

Thanks for any help.

2. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

I completed Induction on supply in 2003, having done my first and second Induction terms in 2001, also on supply. I gained QTS in 1999.
    There used to be an 'expectation' that NQTs would complete Induction within 5 years of starting Induction but that was abolished on 1st Sept 2007. You can now take as long as you like or as long as it takes.
    There are still Supply allowance limits, however, so once those have been used up, you have to desist from non-Induction teaching in the State 5-16 sector until you can secure work that lasts at least a term's length that allows you to continue or complete Induction.
    Induction terms can run from any point in a school term, finishing at the smae point in the next school term (based ona 3 term school year.

3. PaulDG

PaulDG Occasional commenter

Lots of people, though it is more difficult as you have more kids to get to know and have to "look good" to your new school pretty quickly each time.
    There is no time limit on completing induction. Only on working on non-induction supply.
    No problem, just take in a copy of your report from your first term.

4. I'm another who completed induction while on supply, although in 2 schools within the same LA.