1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Completing my NQT year

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by sagacious, May 21, 2012.

1. Under the new induction regulations which come into force in September it may be possibkle to complete induction in a BRitish School abroad provided it meets certain criteria. The new guidelines are in a draft form but the final version is yet to be published.
    The Sage

2. teacheryr2

teacheryr2 New commenter

Great news! Thanks very much for that. Do you have any idea when I can expect the final version to be published? As I don't think it will be a good idea to approach my head teacher about it until the document is available.Also is there anywhere that you know of where I will be able to see what the school's criteria needs to be in order for me to complete my NQT year here? I teach at an International British School and we follow the National Curriculum.

Thanks for your help

3. There is an article on the new inducxtion guidelines with a link to the draft criteria. The DfE have not announced when the finalised version will be posted online, but I believe that it will not differ significxantly from the final draft version.
    http://newteachers.tes.co.uk/news/guide-new-induction-rules/46335
    The Sage

4. teacheryr2

teacheryr2 New commenter

Thank you so much you have been very helpful.