1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Completing application form with only supply teaching experience

Discussion in 'Career clinic' started by sskilling01, Mar 24, 2016.

1. sskilling01

sskilling01 New commenter

Hi,

I'm completing a job application form but having difficulty deciding how exactly to list my supply experience as it is with a number of schools and dates are often overlapping eg. 18th in one school, 19th of the month in another. However, as this experience spans over the past 5 years, it seems a little over the top to list each individual date alongside the school. Or am I wrong there?

I also have a couple of longer term temporary appointments to include which are more straightforward thankfully, but the rest of this looks like a bit of a mish-mash! What would be the best way to structure it? The previous education board forms where set out in such a way that this wasn't an issue. It's my first application form since my maternity leave ended and finding it a real uphill climb!

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me! Oh, and I'm in Northern Ireland by the way so that's why the supply is so varied - we've a slightly different structure to England, with a national registry that all schools pool from.

Ta,

Sam

2. Flere-Imsaho

Flere-Imsaho Star commenter

I would list the longer term appointments individually and then give the whole 5 year period one entry with the national registry entered as employer and supply teacher as the role.