1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Completely fed up with interviews.....

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by spider000, May 22, 2012.

1. I don't know if I am the only one to feel like this, but I have had a few interviews without success and I am really fed up and don't want to apply for anything else. I do not feel I am a particularly successful teacher - I find it difficult to 'act' and am terribly nervous in interviews so do not think I will ever be successful at interview. I don't feel I can go on applying and if that is the case... what next? I will complete the PGCE but I don't think I will ever get a job! I don't know where to go from here......

2. Cosmic_Rainbow

Cosmic_Rainbow New commenter

keep at it. im doin my pgce atm and know how u feel. i get sooo nervous in interviews that i just go completely blank, at one point they asked me what school i was at and i couldnt even answer that, hehe

3. primenumbers

primenumbers New commenter

It might be a good thing actually. It took me quite a few interviews to get my first post but it means I have lots of experience. It only took one application, one interview to get my second post.
    Good luck.

4. certainly not the only one! We feel the same-You might want to contact Julie @TES careers and attend the seminar-It does help-but the battle continues-U can Pm if u wish for support.....

5. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

advice@tes.co.uk is Julia's e-mail.
    Best wishes

6. I felt exactly the same way. I needed a break, so I decided to gain experience through supply teaching: This experience boosted my confidence at the interview stage as I finally saw myself as a teacher. I have just accepted a teaching post!
    Have faith... you will get there if really want to (it can be a very fustrating journey at times, but a journey well worth taking).

7. Astya

Astya New commenter

I think it's easy to feel like... "If I was meant to be a teacher I would get the job", or, "If I was really good enough they'd want me," but there is only one job, and sometimes more than 80 applicants! Most of whom are strong teachers who also won't get the job. If you see what I'm getting at.

For my own sanity, I'm trying to just remember the positive times I've had in school, how much I love the job, comments from other staff during my training and supply, and keep applying. It only takes one success!!

8. marlin

marlin Star commenter

Sarah - you need to start your own - Dear Theo I got that job thread then we can all congratulate you and you will give hope to other jobseekers.
    Well done! [​IMG]